bamboo block awards
Introducing these unique UK manufactured, sustainable bamboo block awards. Available as 40mm thick oblong shapes in 3 standard sizes. For other shape options see our bamboo block awards with acrylic front, with metal face plate and acrylic front and our bamboo sunrise awards.
Bamboo is medium in colour with ‘caramel’ tones. It’s soft enough to get a beautiful deep engraving whilst hard enough not to burn and char. It also has great ink adhesion for printing, with little colour change on process print.
Rest assured that few materials have the eco credentials that our bamboo material has, from properly conducted scientific tests and reports to internationally accepted standards. We’re proud to offer this choice in our Britishmade awards ranges.
nb. Bamboo products may vary to that shown. Being a completely natural material, it varies in colour, blemishes, grain and other inconsistencies – it adds greatly to the individuality of each order.
Category: bamboo awards
- New! 40mm thick oblong bamboo awards manufactured in the UK from sustainable bamboo (see ‘about our bamboo’ in additional information tab)
- Laser engraved or full colour print to the top surface only
- Available as oblong shapes only in this 40mm thick material, in 3 standard sizes
- Hand finished with satin wood oil to protect the surface
- For other shapes see bamboo block awards with acrylic front, bamboo block awards with metal face plate and acrylic front or our bamboo sunrise awards.
- Bespoke shapes & sizes possible on supply of artwork ideas at an additional cost
- No minimum order
All adhesives used easily meet the very strict E1 class following the EN 717 standard with respect to formaldehyde emissions and all supplies of solid bamboo materials are proven and certified to be carbon neutral or better over their full life cycle – full details on request.
our bamboo as a material combines the virtues of hardwoods (hardness, looks, stability) with the immense growing capacity of the highly renewable giant bamboo species and can therefore act as a green carbon negative alternative material.
(w) 80mm x (h) 150mm
(w) 95mm x (h) 175mm
(w) 110mm x (h) 200mm